- to promote the trade in chemical products.
- to defend, protect and develop the common interests of its members in order to promote sustainable enterprise.
- to develop good practices with regard to safety, health and the environment in distribution.
- maintain contacts with the different stakeholders in the distribution of chemicals.
The BACD organises a series of activities to achieve this goal. For example, conferences, courses and workshops are organised regularly to which its members are invited. The various commissions study and discuss technical matters and report their findings to the Board of Directors and the members. These Commissions are:
- Circular Economy Commission
- Transport Commission - ADR - Logistics
- Responsible Care Commission
- REACH Commission
- Communication Commission
- FOOD - FEED - PHARMA - COSMETICS Commission
- Social Affairs Commission
The BACD would also like to contribute to the general public having a better knowledge of its activities. This should benefit the image of chemistry in general, and of the distribution sector in particular. For this reason scientific studies have been carried out in cooperation with universities or institutes of higher education on different subjects, such as, for example, the costs related to safety in our sector or the image of our association.
- The sale of various categories of chemical products requires from the concerned companies different levels of knowledge and competences together with a suitable organisation.
- The key sectors are : Distributors - Agents - Traders - Formulators - Producers.
- The members of the BACD play a central role in the supply of chemicals to the industry and allow customers to have access to the national and international markets for chemicals. Distribution and trade in chemical products is their profession.
- The sector represents 15 % of the total turnover of chemicals in Belgium but with more than 90% of the customer contacts.